Financial counselling is a service provided by trained counsellors to help people gain skills in managing their money. We provide information, suggest alternative choices, and support people with financial problems.
This service is confidential and is available free of charge to any person on a low-income who may be experiencing financial difficulties.
Here’s some of the things we can do:
- Listen and discuss your situation
- Provide assistance and advice to help you to regain control
- Explore options
- Help with budgeting
- Phone creditors on your behalf
- Give on-going support
- Prepare a Statement of Income and Expenditure for Court appearance or other purposes
- Provide assistance with Bankruptcy and other legal forms
- Refer you to other services eg legal advice, Government assistance, emergency assistance, NILS (no interest loans)
To make an appointment please call us Monday to Friday between 9:00am-5:00pm (8234 5802).